Hello, Los Angeles! Here’s everything you need to know to get a good start on Tuesday.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Rain, sometimes heavy; costs. High: 55 Low: 39.
Here are today’s best stories in Los Angeles:
- LAPD Union vaccine fight fails in court (City News Service)
- Another DWP executive to advocate to cover up billing scandal (City News Service)
- See a “wonderful” screening, for free, in Hollywood (NBC Southern California)
- Ambassador Garcetti finally walks past the committee (Los Angeles Patch)
- Former chef of Frantzén, Sweden’s best fine dining restaurant, opens restaurant in Los Angeles (Eater LA)
- A violent storm to soak Los Angeles: “Avoid traveling” (Los Angeles Patch)
- CA’s indoor mask tenure returns as COVID-19 cases rise (Los Angeles patch)
- US Coast Guard cut off search for woman believed to have fallen overboard on Carnival cruise ship (CBS Los Angeles)
- USC student remembered after being killed in street racing incident on Saturday (CBS Los Angeles)
- Part of “The Real World Homecoming: Los Angeles” Cast Chat Reuniting After 28 Years (KTLA)
Today’s Los Angeles Daily is brought to you in part by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does more than just doorbells – discover their full line of smart home products on Ring.com. And thank you ring for helping to shake up local news in Los Angeles!
- Mayor Eric Garcetti: “Great volunteering at @Pathways_LA’s Winter Wonderland event over the weekend to distribute toys and books to over 100 families. Despite the challenges we have faced as a city, Angelenos continues to step up and give back. Let’s keep … “(Instagram)
- LA County Museum of Art: “Now On Display 👀“ Mixpantli: Contemporary Echoes ”showcases the enduring impact of Indigenous creative resilience, connecting the vibrant artistic traditions of the past and present, Los Angeles and Mexico. This exhibit showcases …” ( Instagram)
- Discover Los Angeles: “The pink tree of Grand Park ✨ 💗 🤩 🎄 #discoverla #holidays” (Facebook)
- Los Angeles County: “It’s going to be COLD this week in LA County. @Lahomelessservices has a winter accommodation program available for those who need it. Find location and transportation information by visiting www.lahsa.org or by calling 2-1-1 “(Instagram)
- Original Farmer’s Market, Los Angeles: “Hit in the snow … FINISH IT! 💚❤️ (and continue like that in the comments!)” (Facebook)
- Los Angeles Fire Department: “LAFD Photo Gallery: NORTH HOLLYWOOD – It took 100 Los Angeles Fire Department responders less than 45 minutes to access, contain and completely extinguish an injury-free upper alarm structure fire at 6261 Laurel Canyon Boulevard on December 1 … ”(Facebook)
- Los Angeles City Park Rangers: “As part of our Rope Rescue Recall, the LA City Park Ranger Division conducted nighttime rope rescue scenarios. In an effort to train in real life situations, the Rangers participated in rescues ambulatory and non-ambulatory. … “(Instagram)
- Los Angeles County Fire Department, Lifeguard Division: “Our Baywatch rescue boats have a long history of providing emergency medical services and maritime search and rescue responses to the Los Angeles County coast. In this episode of Tales from the Tower, we examine the origins of the .. .” ( Facebook)
- Los Angeles County Fire Department, IAFF Local 1014: “Our thoughts and prayers are with our brothers and sisters at United Firefighters of Los Angeles City, IAFF Local-112 as they mourn their brother William James. #LODD #WeShallNotForget” (Facebook)
- Los Angeles LGBT Center: “Some conservatives have expressed concerns that even though these partnerships are only token pieces of paper, they could undermine Japanese traditions or the traditional Japanese family system. Hopefully this will be an opportunity to prove … “(Facebook)
- Los Angeles, CA – Lost Dogs, Cats & Pets: “Please spread the word! Mona and Max were LOST on December 12, 2021 in Los Angeles, CA 90063 near Near Pomeroy Street Description: Missing Female German Shepherd & Male baby husky. Both left early Sunday in the morning For more information or to contact … ” (Facebook)
- GPNC President Erick Vasquez, EmpowerLA: “Town Hall on Homelessness and Housing – Please join us and our panelists in discussing updates from each municipal district, resources being mobilized to help homeless neighbors and opportunities to work together as a community . Question and a … “(Nextdoor)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Do you like the Los Angeles Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Alright, all is well for today. I’ll see you soon!
– Paige Austin
About me: Email: [email protected] Phone: 714-721-1222 Birthday: Gemini I learned to be a reporter at the Orange County Register before moving to The Press-Enterprise in Riverside. I’ve covered everything from cities to the national forest, to courts and prisons. I have pretty colorful war stories based on these rhythms. So if you see me in town, tell me your stories, and I’ll tell you about the time I met Governor Schwarzenegger… in prison… while wearing a bulletproof vest. Or I can tell you about the time I watched a girl from Manson give a talk on anger management. I’m joking. Many. However, journalism is maybe the only thing I take seriously. It is a very humiliating job. Every day, people give you their voice on things that matter to them, and you should try to live up to your responsibilities. If I ever fail, I need you to tell me about it, so I can get it right. It is important. I’m not sure enough to tell you about some of the journalism awards I’ve won: the Associated Press Award for Investigative Journalism, the California Newspapers Publishers Association Awards for Investigative Journalism, and the best special section, the Price Child Health and Welfare Journalism Prize of the Children’s Advocacy Prize of the Institute as well as the Society of Professional Journalists for the best business stories, the best reporting, the writing of feature films and the better environmental story. I think I tried to collect rewards in an attempt to intimidate editors into letting me chase the kinds of stories I want to make. It doesn’t really work. Working for Patch.com, my office consists of the towns I cover, Starbucks, and my home where my coworkers include a charming gentleman named D’Wayne and two pugs – Monkey and Maggie. If we’re ever talking on the phone, it’s Maggie you might hear lightly snoring in the background. Sorry, she can’t help it. Your Beliefs At Patch, we promise to always report the facts as objectively as possible and to adhere to the principles of good journalism. However, we also recognize that true impartiality is impossible because human beings have beliefs. So, in the spirit of simple honesty, our policy is to encourage our editors to disclose their beliefs to the extent that they feel comfortable. This disclosure does not allow you to inject your beliefs into stories or dictate coverage based on them. In fact, the intention is the opposite: we hope that knowing that your beliefs are on file will lead you to always be careful to write, report and edit in a fair and balanced manner. And if you ever see any evidence that we failed on this mission, let us know. Politics: pro-environment and equality for all Religion: The Unholy Trinity of Joseph Heller, Kurt Vonnegut and John Steinbeck